Thursday, May 19, 2011

Framing

(Steve McCurry)

I was attracted to the color and movement of this photograph, the slight curve and the forward tilt. I like the serenity and solitude of the surroundings, and I think that the reflection of the sky in the water frames the boat perfectly.


(Sam Abell)

This photograph (taken on a whale watching trip) stood out to me because I could instantly see the contrast between inside and outside - the vastness, brightness and pure coloring of the outside, seen framed twice through the windshield and the rear view mirror, against the dark constricting nature of the inside of the vehicle.


(Ansel Adams)

The interesting element of this photograph is that all of the roads frame each other. There is no specific focus of the image, no one point where the eye is drawn; it is like a maze for the eye to follow, and everywhere the viewer looks there is another freeway or ramp closing in.


(Ansel Adams)

Here there is a door within a door; the photo has unique character because the two doors are of different types. I like the way the framing causes repeating patterns and draws the eye into the mysterious center, where the scene behind the door is not revealed.


(Rob Garland)

This photograph immediately stood out to me because of the ringed frame of white and dark around the central focus, the bride. I find silhouettes incredibly powerful, especially in images like this one where a few details are still visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment